BTIA is lead by a Board of Directors who meet monthly to decide on all issues regarding BTIA.
BTIA staff and the Executive Board work closely on a day-to-day basis to execute the strategies laid out by the Board of Directors.
Major Duties of the Board of Directors
- Oversee development and approval of a long-term corporate plan and approve annual budgets and operating plans;
- Define and/or safeguard the organizational mission, the values framework and operating principles within which it expects the Association to be administered, and to review these periodically;
- Govern the Association through board policies and planning objectives approved by the Board, formulated with the Executive Director and staff, and reviewed periodically;
- Select and support an Executive Director to whom the responsibility for administration of the Association is delegated;
- Review and evaluate regularly the performance of the Executive Director on the basis of a specific job description and approved objectives;
- Seek and secure sufficient resources for the Association to finance its programs adequately;
- Account to the public and funders, for the services of the Association and expenditures of funds;
- Ensure prudent and proper management of the Association’s resources;
- Establish the general values framework in which the Association’s human resources will be managed and periodically monitor key human resource performance indicators;
- Approve and periodically review personnel policies within which human resources will be managed;
- Establish guidelines within which management may negotiate pay and benefits agreements with staff;
- Regularly review the Association’s services to ensure that they are consistent with the purpose of the Association and that its programs are effective and relevant to community needs;
- Provide continuity for the Association and opportunities for citizen participation;
- Represent the Association and its programs through interpretation to the community;
- Serve as an advocate for services of good quality;
- Hear complaints from consumers about services through a formal complaints procedure.
- Tamara Sniffin1st Vice President(501) 626-6802San Pedro, Ambergris CayeStewart Krohn2nd Vice President610-1009Naia Resort & Spa