The adequate direction and guidance of the BTIA is provided by the leadership at the helm of the association which comprises of the President and the Board of Directors. The Executive Director along with Secretariat oversees and manages daily operations and paves the way to accomplished the goals and objectives set by the President and the Board of Directors.
The Federation of Regional Chambers of Tourism established on February 1st, 2004 is the organization that brings together the Tourism Chambers of the seven Central American countries comprised of the following organizations:
- Belize Tourism Industry Association (www.btia.org)
- Costa Rica National Chamber of Tourism – CANATUR (www.canatur.org)
- El Salvador Chamber of Tourism – CASATUR (www.casatur.com)
- Guatemala Chamber of Tourism – CAMTUR (www.camtur.org)
- Honduras Chamber of Tourism – CANATURH (www.canaturh.org)
- Nicaragua National Chamber of Tourism – CANATUR (www.canatur.com)
- Panama Chamber of Tourism – CAMTUR (www.camturpanama.com)
Contact: Ms. Angelica Bustillos, Executive Director
The Belize Tourism Board is a statutory body within the Ministry of Tourism that functions as a strategic partner between government and the private sector to develop, market and implement tourism programs that fulfil the emerging needs of our local industries and international tourism marketplace for the benefit of Belize and Belizeans.
Contact: Karen Bevans, Director of Tourism
For more information: www.belizetourismboard.org
The Belize Hotel Association shall be the association of the lodging professionals of Belize. It shall represent the lodging industry and provide a means of further professionalism, knowledge, and profitability. It will also provide a means for cooperation and camaraderie within the industry. Our members are dedicated to providing high standards of service and product.
Contact: Leisa Carr-Caceres, President
For more information: www.belizehotels.org